If you are a resident of the State of California in the United States, please click here
for additional California-specific privacy disclosures.
- How We Collect Your Information
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Online Advertising and Third-Party Tracking
- Your Choices about Your Information
- How We Store and Protect Your Information
- Children's Privacy
- Links to Other Websites and Services
- How to Contact Us
1. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
Information you provide to us directly: We may collect personal information such as your first and last name, phone number, e-mail address, physical address, and payment information when you use or register for our Service. For example, we may collect your name, email, phone number, address, and payment information when you create an account or subscribe to a storage plan. We may collect your name, email, and phone number when you correspond with us or request a quote. We may also collect your contact information when you contact customer service, or otherwise communicate with us for account verification or other service-related matters.
Information we may receive from third party sites that connect to our Service: We may receive information about you from third parties and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, when you interact with us through a social media site or third-party service, such as when you like, follow, comment, add a review, provide referrals through our “Invite friends” feature, or share Company content on Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, or other sites, we may receive information from the social network, including your profile information, picture, user ID associated with your social media account, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. Subject to any privacy settings, any content that you make public is searchable by other individuals. If you remove information that you posted to any public portions of the Services, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Services, or if other individuals have copied or saved that information. The data we receive from these third-party sites is dependent upon that third party’s policies and your privacy settings on that third-party site. You should always review and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Services.
Information from Other Sources. We may receive information about you from third parties and combine this information with other information we collect from or about you. For example, we may receive information about you to verify identity or payment information, update our records, or better provide the Service available to you. We also collect information about you that is publicly available. We may also receive your information from third parties such as distribution partners, data services, marketing firms, and analytics partners.
Address Book Information. Through our “Invite friends” referral feature, you may also directly choose a friend to invite to use our Services through your mobile device’s native app or email. With your permission, we may access your contact list available on your mobile device so that you can invite your friends to join our Service. When you send an invitation to your friends to join the Service, you will send an invitation through your mobile device’s native text messaging application, so your friends will know you are the person extending the invitation. We will not store or collect the information contained in your Address Book, and we will not use that information for any purpose other than to send invitations to your contacts at your request.
2. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We, and our third-party partners, automatically collect certain types of usage information when you use our Service, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, file information, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”).
We, and our third-party partners, use tracking technologies to automatically collect usage and device information, such as:
- Information about your device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet Service provider, device type/model/manufacturer, operating system, date and time stamp, and a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device, or your account (including, for example, a persistent device identifier or an Ad ID), and other such information. We may also work with third-party partners to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools, which permit us to recognize and contact you across multiple devices.
- Information about the way you access and use our Services, for example, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our Services, the pages you visit, the links you click, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, whether you access the Services from multiple devices, whether you accepted a contact, and other actions you take on the Service.
- We may collect analytics data or use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service and to understand more about the demographics of our users. You can learn more about Google’s practices at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners and view its currently available opt-out options at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. We may also work with third-party partners to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools, which permit us to recognize and contact you across multiple devices.
Cookies Opt Out. If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the Service, as some features on our Service may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. You may also set your email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it.
Do Not Track Signals. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser at this time.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To operate, maintain, improve, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service. This includes processing payment, tracking orders, implement new features and enhancements, or otherwise provide the Service.
- To communicate directly with you, such as to send you Service-related emails, SMS text messages, or calls (e.g., account verification, updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices, pick up details). We may also send you promotional messages from us and from our partners, including email messages, or, with your consent, SMS text messages or calls. You may change your communications preferences at any time, see the “Your Choices About Your Information” section below. Please note that you are not able to opt-out of receiving Service-related messages from us, including security and legal notices.
- To remember your information so you will not have to re-enter it during a subsequent visit; help you efficiently access your information after you sign in; provide, improve, test, update and monitor the Service; or diagnose or fix technology problems.
- To identify potential customers who may be interested in our Service for the purposes of targeting relevant marketing to such persons.
- To enable you to participate in interactive features of the Service (such as engaging in surveys, reviews, or promotions).
- To create aggregated or otherwise anonymized data that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
- To perform statistical, demographic, or marketing analyses, for any purpose.
- To comply and fulfill our legal duties and obligations such as tax and accounting.
- To respond to your emails, comments, questions or requests for customer Service.
- To ensure the security of our products and Service and preventing abuses.
- To ensure the security of our IT environments and protection of data.
- For any other purpose we may describe when you provide the information.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the “Your Choices About Your Information”
section below. We may share your personal information with:
- Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform the Service on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, providing mailing services, providing tax and accounting services, contest fulfilment, web hosting, or providing analytic services.
- Business partners with whom we do business, including to facilitate your purchase of a product or service, or for their own marketing purposes in compliance with applicable laws and subject to their separate privacy notices.
- The public when you provide feedback on our Service. For example, if you post user content or comment on our social media sites, your information, such as your first name, last initial, state of residence, and your comments, may be displayed on our Sites or on our social media pages. Please do not provide personal information you would not want to be public. Other parties in connection with a Clutter transaction, such as a merger, sale of Clutter assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another Clutter or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings.
- Other parties in connection with a company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings
- Others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
5. ONLINE ADVERTISING AND THIRD-PARTY TRACKING
Interest-Based Advertising. We participate in interest-based advertising and use third-party advertising companies to serve you targeted advertisements based on your browsing history. We may share, or we may permit third-party online advertising networks, social media companies, and other third-party Service to collect information about your use of our Sites over time so that they may play or display ads on our Service, on other devices you may use, and on other websites, apps, or Service, including on Facebook. Typically, though not always, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the site, and other information. We and our third-party partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related Service such as reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research.
Social Media Advertising. We display targeted advertising to you through social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and others. These companies have interest-based advertising programs that allow us to direct advertisements to users who have shown interest in our Service while those users are on the social media platform or to groups of other users who share similar traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics. These advertisements are governed by the privacy policies of those social media companies that provide them.
Cross-Device Linking. We, or our third-party partners, may link your various devices so that content you see on one device can result in relevant advertising on another device. We do this by collecting information about each device you use when you are logged in to our Service. We may also work with third-party partners who employ tracking technologies or the application of statistical modeling tools to determine if two or more devices are linked to a single user or household. We may share a common account identifier (such as an email address or user ID) with third-party advertising partners to help recognize you across devices. We, and our partners, can use this cross-device linkage to serve interest-based advertising and other personalized content to you across your devices, to perform analytics, and to measure the performance of our advertising campaigns.
Cookies As noted above, most browsers allow you to adjust your browser settings to: (i) notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies.
Blocking or deleting cookies may negatively impact your experience using the Service, as some features and Service on our Service may not work properly.
- Interest-based advertising. To learn about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices and/or the DAA’s resources at www.aboutads.info/choices.
- Cross-device linking. Please note that opting-out of receiving interest-based advertising through the NAI’s and DAA’s online resources will only opt-out a user from receiving interest-based ads on that specific browser or device, but the user may still receive interest-based ads on his or her other devices. You must perform the opt-out on each browser or device you use.
- Mobile advertising. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest-based ads” (Android). You may also be able to opt-out of some—but not all—interest-based ads served by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app
Some of these opt-outs may not be effective unless your browser is set to accept cookies. If you delete cookies, change your browser settings, switch browsers or computers, or use another operating system, you will need to opt-out again.
Google Analytics and Advertising.
We use Google Analytics to recognize you and link the devices you use when you visit our site or Service on your browser or mobile device, log in to your account on our Service, or otherwise engage with us. We share a unique identifier, like a user ID or hashed email address, with Google to facilitate the Service. Google Analytics allows us to better understand how our users interact with our Service and to tailor our advertisements and content to you. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, review Google's site “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
. You can learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics, such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick advertising cookie) or other third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to the Service. You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences
, or by visiting NAI’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices
6. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
You control your account information and settings: You may update your profile information, such as your name and phone number, by editing information on your user profile screen.
How to Control Your Email Communications Preferences. You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
Modifying or Deleting Your Information.
If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, or if you want to remove your name or comments from our Service or publicly displayed content, you can contact us directly at email@example.com
. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
7. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing: Your information collected through the use of the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Clutter or its subsidiaries, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities. Clutter may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information, to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. We may retain your information as long as appropriate for business purposes, unless we are required by law or regulation or for litigation and regulatory investigations to keep it for longer periods of time.
Keeping your information safe: Clutter cares about the security of your information, and uses safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of information collected through the use of the Service. Despite the actions and precautions we take, no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of the information and you acknowledge and agree that you transmit it to us at your own risk. Clutter is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
Compromise of information: In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Clutter will take steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
8. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Clutter does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as Users. The Site and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
The Service may contain links to and from third-party websites of our business partners, advertisers, and social media sites and our users may post links to third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. We strongly recommend that you read their privacy policies and terms and conditions of use to understand how they collect, use, and share information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on the websites of third-party sites.